As the season of spookiness descends on San Francisco, the city is transformed into scintillating, sophisticated, surreal, mysterious and madcap events. From musical mayhem and costume parties to soaking up the colorful nightlife, San Francisco reveals its playful side every October. Check out these beastly Halloween events that will inspire your inner freak.
1. Spookfest: October 31st | This massive Halloween fest features a killer lineup of DJs, including Alesso, Chromeo, Gareth Emery, Duke Dumont, Henry Fong and Slaptop at the Oracle Arena in Oakland. With supersonic sounds, thrilling visuals and costumed party-goers, this is the wildest party in the Bay Area.
2. Spookeasy: October 30th | Experience a daring, bold and experiential destination party at Chinatown’s Great Star Theatre. Spookeasy is San Francisco’s sexy circus-like soiree.
3. Halloween Pub Crawl: October 31st – November 1st | Sport your scariest and sexiest costumes while you sip and stroll down Union Street and the Marina District for the Halloween Pub Crawl. For two nights, neighborhood bars and clubs neighborhood will offer drink specials to get you in the Halloween spirit.
4. Ghost Ship Halloween: Asylum: October 31st – November 1st | Celebrate art, music, and haunted fun at the Bay Area’s most exciting Halloween event. Pier 70 in the Dogpatch neighborhood is transformed into a two-day spectacle headlined by James Lavelle (UNKLE) and DJ Afrika Bambaataa.
5. Annual Halloween Party: October 31st | Enjoy an amazing night with creative costumes and entertainers on the top of the Sir Francis Drake Hotel overlooking Union Square. This party in the Starlight Room will be unadulterated tricks and treats.
6. Creepshow at the Freakshow: October 31st | Experience a haunted and hip Halloween at Venue 550 with state of the art 3D projection mapping and holograms, two levels of DJs and dancing, cirque contortionists, aerial performances, exotic go go visuals, theatrical décor, and a huge costume contest.
7. Dracula’s Trap: Halloween: October 31 | Experience San Francisco’s most incredible Halloween costume mega party at the Rocca Event Center. Dance all night like a vampire in a multi-level party space with electrifying DJs, 3D laser shows, psychedelic video animation, special effects and a confetti blast.
8. Monster Manic 2014 – Count Dracula’s Halloween Ball: October 31st | This swanky costume party is a blend of glamour and ghostly, sexy and spine tingling. The gorgeous Julia Morgan Ballroom in the Beaux Arts style Merchants Exchange features costumed revelers, music and majestic views of the San Francisco’s skyline.
9. Masquerotica: October 25 | San Francisco’s most risque Halloween costume party is bringing together SF’s most creative underground artistic and theatrical community at the “S” Factory. Play in two rooms of music and performance art and an upstairs a VIP lounge.